Monday, February 2, 2009

Save on Taxes with Purchase of New Furnace or Water Heater

Buy a new furnace or water heater. The 2008 federal economic bailout package includes tax credits for energy-saving upgrades made in 2009.
Cost: Between $500 and $3,000, including installation, heavily offset by the money you'll save on fuel.
Savings: As much as $500 in federal credits, which come right off your tax bill.
Bonus: You may also qualify for state credits as well as rebates from your local utility company. Find out at the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency.

2 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Glenda,
I just found your new blog. What good ideas! I love to save!!!I will visit again. -nancy m.

Glenda said...

Nancy,

I love saving money too. I thought that I would share what I learned with my friends.

Glenda